Full Time Psychiatry - Addictions Fort Lauderdale
JOB TITLE: Psychiatrist/Clinical Research Investigator DATE: March 2019
REPORTS TO: Chief Scientific Officer/ Medical Director DEPT: Medical & Clinical
The Principal or Sub Investigator is responsible for the oversight and execution of Psychiatric clinical trials testing new medications on the behalf of the sponsor/pharmaceutical companies. The investigator promotes Good Clinical Practices (GCP) in the conduct of Clinical Investigations by ensuring the integrity of data generated at the site and directing the conduct of the clinical investigation as to the guidelines issued by State and Federal Authorities and the Sponsor. The Investigator works collaboratively with the study team and regulatory personnel to ensure welfare of study participants.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- Provide Sponsor and IRB with documentation of credentials as required.
- Maintain all required licenses to practice and execute the job as PI or Sub-I.
- Assume responsibility as the Principal or Sub-Investigator for the duration of clinical trials.
- Demonstrate the proper education, training and experience to conduct the clinical investigation.
- Disclose conflicts of interest as described in the regulations.
- Perform psychiatric evaluations.
- Evaluate and screen potential subjects based on study eligibility criteria.
- Perform and review psychiatric ratings performed by raters in accordance with the clinical study protocol.
- Complete protocol specific training as required per sponsor’s vendors to obtain certification to conduct testing and rating scales for specific protocols.
- Complete all documentation, paper and electronic, as required per protocol.
- Provide oversight and ensures proper delegation of duties to appropriate staff
- Provide and maintain updated study related documentation as required by the clinical research trial to ensure data integrity.
- Evaluate and report safety reports, protocol noncompliance and any other protocol specific reports.
- Follow requirements for FDA form 1572.
- Collaborate with operational and management team to ensure site goals are met.
- Attend Investigator Meetings and educational seminars.
- Travel to Investigators meetings as needed
- Provide on call outpatient and/or inpatient coverage to subjects enrolled in clinical studies.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret the English language (Bilingual/spanish preferred)
- Possess a valid M.D. or D.O. degree
- Board Certification in psychiatry or in process of obtaining one.
- Active DEA license, or able to obtain one
- Active license to practice medicine in the state of Florida, or ability to obtain one immediately
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, self-motivation, and high personal integrity and ethics required
Education and Experience:
- Possess a valid MD or DO medical degree
- Board certification in psychiatry
- 1-3 years experience conducting psychiatric clinical research trials as either a PI or Sub-investigator, or other relevant experience
We are showing these jobs because they are similar to the search query you entered.