WellBefore is a B2C leader in selling essential medical supplies online, with headquarters in Dallas-Texas and team members across the world.
We are now starting a new project, MySeema, a Telehealth company providing quality and affordable healthcare solutions to the US middle-class and under. We are currently looking for a full-time Clinical Lead to be in our Dallas office.
Certification:Nurse, Nurse Practitioner (NP), or a certification or license in the Healthcare space.
Experience required:Previously worked or working in a healthcare setting with direct patient care, comfortable with patient education and care coordination. MySeema clinical leads should have previous experience in working with cross functional teams to create customized care plans for individuals. Fluent in speaking and understanding Hindi/Gujarati/Urdu.
- Clinical Experience and Critical Thinking' A clinical background and experience are vital to understand & support our members. Someone who knows the 'right' questions to ask at the right time.
- Communication' Effective communicator and one who believes in the value of active listening. Is able to understand concerns of the guardian/member, relay that to the staff and fully support the member/guardian
- Time management' Time is of value, effective member support will rely on timeliness of all responsibilities
- Decision-making and Pro-active problem-solving' Someone who is decisive as well as resourceful about finding ways to supplement/personalize a member's plan. Uses pro-active problem solving to enhance the support we can offer.
- Organized- Able to prioritize/organize tasks for themselves & concierge staff/members.
- Autonomy' Comfortable with working alone and knowing that there is support to reach out to if needed.
- Teamwork/Role Model' Values the strength of a team together and is a team player. Is a role model & an example for the staff.
- Commitment' Ensuring excellent member support, concierge oversight & continued motivation for the team to be successful.
- Teaching/Creativity' Someone who values teaching someone 'why' whether that be our members, peers, staff, & themselves. Someone who can teach with creativity & culturally sensitive approaches
- Cultural sensitivity' Members may be culturally different from the clinical lead. This fact, in no way changes the members' support and goals to have a positive impact on the member's well-being.
- MySeema Clinical leads are expected to oversee/create the member journey.
- Clinical leads are expected to collaborate & support MySeema concierge staff to provide the best holistic care for the member.
- Clinical leads will be the initial point of contact to assess Caretaker/Member needs. They will also assign the ideal MySeema concierge staff for new members.
- Clinical leads play a pivotal role in shepherding the concierge, member, and caretaker by first assessing needs, identifying gaps/challenges, and solutioning on how Myseema can best support.
- Clinical leads are accountable to ensure that the concierge staff is following through with agreed upon plan and tasks. Provide oversight by reviewing concierge task creation/completion, documentation, reviewing weekly updates, and responsible for organizing weekly rounds to review member load.
- Responsible for reviewing any MySeema tracking logs and looking for positive/negative trends that need to be communicated to the Guardian/Doctor.
- Clinical leads will serve as a liaison between the caretaker/member and their providers. Always willing to advocate, educate and raise questions/concerns throughout the MySeema journey.
- Clinical leads will follow the guidelines for Myseema communication turnaround times (TAT).
- Clinical leads are expected to help Myseema concierge staff look for most cost effective pharmacies, lab facilities, imaging facilities, and specialists if a member is newly referred by their PCP.
- Clinical leads are expected to address any concerns or questions with MySeema leadership without hesitation.
Clinical leads will NOT be giving medical advice, diagnosing illness, or prescribing medications. They will not adjust doses to medications or alter treatment regimens. They can only raise the questions/concerns to the Member's providers.