Primary Care Physicians: looking for a new opportunity in beautiful California? An excellent facility in Davis, California is now accepting applications for a full-time, permanent placement, Lead Physician position.
Job Description & Benefits
The Lead Physician works with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Clinic Manager to assure that the medical practice is providing evidence-based, high-quality care as well as maintaining compliance with Federal and State Regulations and the facility’s policies and procedures. Additionally, as a primary care physician, the Lead Physician works as a part of a multidisciplinary team composed of the clinic manager, practitioners, medical assistants, and health workers to provide comprehensive care to patients. Total administrative time is 8 hours per week in a 40-hour work week.
What This Company Offers You
- An opportunity to make a true impact in the community
- A well run and financially solvent health center with a multi-million dollar Capital Development Grant from the Affordable Care Act to expand facilities, improve existing services, and serve more patients
- An energetic CEO and CMO to work collaboratively with tackling issues of strategy and growth
- Flexible schedule provides an opportunity to remain engaged in patient care while contributing to the strategic direction of the organization
- Competitive Compensation
- Student loan repayment program available
- Robust benefit plan with low employee cost-shares to cover dependents and family
- Feel Secure with 403b Plan, employer paid benefits include Life and Long-term disability, Flexible Spending Account
- Find your Work/Life balance with vacations, float day, sick leave, paid time off, employee assistance program, CME allowances
- 30+ hours per week earns benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Mental Health, Chiropractic, Acupuncture
About This Community
Located in Northern California, this scenic and historic area is family-oriented and has a plethora of cultural and recreational activities. Yolo County is a scenic and historic area located in the middle of Northern California, 15 miles west of the state’s capital, Sacramento, and 75 miles east of San Francisco and the Bay Area. The Sonoma and Napa Valley are about an hour’s drive to the northwest; Lake Tahoe and ski slopes of the Sierra Nevada are two hours to the east. The area offers outstanding schools systems, a top-rated university, and many family-oriented cultural and recreational resources, including world-class performances at UCD’s Mondavi Center, local wineries, outdoor sports, and miles of bike trails.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this opening is an experienced, BC/BE Family Practice physician with 5 years post-graduate experience and leadership. This facility also has openings for Family Practice physicians in a non-leadership role (new grads welcome). Organization uses eClinicalWorks for EMR. Demonstrated commitment to controlling costs in an outpatient setting. Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients in the clinic practice with the ability to assess data/information pertaining to patient’s age-specific needs with effective communication skills and ability to encourage patient understanding of prevention practices and early detection services.
About UHC Solutions
UHC Solutions recruits for Federally Qualified Health Centers across the country on a permanent or direct hire basis. UHCS has a track record of success in helping our clients attract healthcare professionals who are mission driven and have a passion for serving the underserved. We are active members of the National Association of Community Health Centers. We have teams that specialize in physician recruitment nationwide and work with family practice, family medicine, internal medicine, behavioral health providers, OB/GYN, and Family Medicine with OB. We have clients nationwide from California to Florida, Texas to New York. We look at physician recruitment like a puzzle—physicians tell us where they want to live and we match them with jobs. Our core values include Integrity, Passion and Enthusiasm, Respect, Reliability, Communication, Confidentiality, Care, and Personal/Professional Growth.
Please Note: This post was originally published on July 16, 2015. Information subject to change.