Sound Physicians in Stockton, California, is looking to hire a skilled, conscientious hospitalist.
Job Description & Benefits
As Hospitalist with Sound Physicians, you will work in a culture of integrity, quality, teamwork, service and innovation, and enjoy a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for the organization’s hospital teams.
- 12 full-time physician program
- 5 physicians on during the day, 7a – 7p; 1 physician on at night 7p – 7a
- 7 on/ 7 off schedules
- Full-time with Sound Physicians is 15 shifts per month/182 shifts per year
- Manageable workload – average of 15-17 patient encounters per shift
- Open ICU with specialist support – no procedures necessary
- Excellent compensation
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life AD&D, long-term and short-term disability insurance, 401k program with match
- Path to Partnership™ program for employed physicians – at year 2, partnership is evaluated and partners can double their productivity bonuses
- CME reimbursement and continuing education through SoundInstitute™
- Relocation assistance provided, if needed
- SoundConnect™- billing, workflow, and informatics platform
- EMR system
- Sustainable Career – A manageable workload; strong leadership and infrastructure that supports physicians
- Physician-Led Organization – Sound was founded by physicians and understands what is important to physicians; organization has strong physician leadership
- Collegial, Local Teams – Effective teams that serve patients, the community & one other
- Strong Leadership – Committed to developing physicians as leaders; provide strong local and regional leadership
- A Path to Partnership – Provides all physicians with an opportunity for partnership; every physician has the potential to become a partner in the practice
- Commitment to Training & Development – Sound invests significantly in their physicians, helping them reach their highest potential
About Sound Physicians
Sound’s physician-centric culture is consistently differentiated by the importance the organization places on its colleagues. They strive to make each individual feel valued for their contributions. The entire organization supports physicians in the practice of their profession and the goals of Sound’s hospital partners.
Engrained in Sound’s physician-led organization is a strong commitment to deliver the highest quality care to hospitalized patients. Fundamental to their model is being the best practice in each region. This goal directs the organization’s attention on developing great physicians. Sound is constantly generating new approaches, tools and training to equip hospitalists with the skills they need to deliver high-quality patient care and provide value to hospital partners.
Sound’s culture ensures that everyone is treated with mutual regard and respect, from physicians to healthcare colleagues, patients and their families. They value the confidence and trust of their hospital communities. Sound’s every interaction assures patients, family members, and friends that the quality of care is their greatest concern.
About this Community
This comfortable and affordable community is enriched by the pleasures of metropolitan living without the congestion, overcrowding, and expense. Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, and San Francisco are within close range; boating, fishing, snow skiing, hiking, and rolling hills of wine country are all within reach, offering a great lifestyle and recreational opportunities.
With its Central Valley location, Stockton attracts a wide range of business and recreational activities. The California Delta, with over 1,000 miles of waterways surrounding Stockton, is a scenic wetland with over 100 marinas and resorts. A variety of arts and cultural activities are available with opportunities to enjoy music, theatre, dance, and literary events.
St. Joseph’s is located in the heart of Stockton, near University of the Pacific, CSU Stanislaus Stockton, and the Midtown-Magnolia Community, an area rich with homes built around the turn-of-the-century. Stockton is the 12th largest city in the state with a population of over 250,000 residents. Stockton, the “All America City ,” offers residents a unique blend of lifestyle opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
Candidates may be trained in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and must be board certified or eligible to become certified in 2015. H1b and J1 visa candidates welcome to apply.
We also invite you to explore other employment opportunities with Sound Physicians. See all Sound Physicians jobs.
Please Note: This post was originally published on August 17, 2015. Information subject to change.