We’re excited to announce that Mint Physician Staffing has an opening for a locum tenens Emergency Medicine physician in the Chicago area.
This position offers the right candidate a flexible schedule as well as job placement in one of Chicagoland’s most respected Catholic nonprofit hospitals. The facility is known not only for its emergency medical facilities, but also its excellence in obstetrics: nearly 200,000 babies have started their lives in this long-loved hospital. Interested? Here’s what you need to know.
- The job will consist of 11-hour shifts.
- You’ll work 6 to 8 shifts per month; travel will be provided for candidates willing to work more than 10 shifts each month.
- The facility has a campus volume of 45,000-55,000.
- There will be multiple physician coverage with advanced practitioner support.
- This position includes malpractice with prior acts coverage.
- You must be residency-trained and board-certified in Emergency Medicine (ABEM or AOBEM).
- You must be fully licensed to practice in the state of Illinois.
- You must have Federal DEA, Illinois Controlled Substance (IDFPR), ACLS, ATLS, and PALS certification and licensing.
- You must have a clean background with minimal to no malpractice history.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or valid Green Card holder.
Living and Working in Chicago
Ready to move to the Windy City? It’s one of the best places to live in the Midwest, with a cosmopolitan feel, incredible restaurant and foodie scene, and countless stores, bars, coffee shops and other establishments. Rated by Forbes as the fourth best city in the country for millennials, Chicago also has a low cost of living, tons of local amenities, and sprawling public transportation system, making it a very pleasant metro in which to live and work. This locum tenens position is a great opportunity to plant your feet in the Chicago area.
Sound like a match? Head over to the job posting to learn more.
We also invite you to explore other employment opportunities with Mint Physician Staffing. See all Mint Physician Staffing jobs.
Please Note: This post was originally published on May 18, 2016. Information subject to change.