Full Time :: Surgery
West Central Oregon General Surgeon :: Oregon
Enterprise Medical Services
Job ID 61384
West Central Oregon General Surgeon
- This is an acute care surgeon position at a level 2 trauma center.
- Located 80 miles from Salem ,OR
- Establishment of an Acute Care Surgery (ACS) Service to be conjoined with the Trauma Service to provide improved call coverage, service availability, hospital throughput, and compliance with quality measures.
- Acute Care Surgery coverage will allow physicians with elective surgical practices to have less interruption to OR block time and daily office schedules while maintaining optimal access to urgent and emergent surgical needs for patients and providers.
- They currently have one acute care provider.
- One ACS surgeon: Monday Friday coverage 7 am to 7 pm with local surgeons providing back up coverage.
- ACS surgeon will take weekend and holiday call in the existing rotation.
- Locums or local surgeons will help provide vacation coverage.
- Two ACS Surgeons: 7 days a week ACS coverage from 7 am to 7 pm with local surgeons providing back up coverage. Locums or local surgeons will help provide vacation coverage. Locums or local surgeons will help provide vacation coverage.
- Three ACS Surgeons: 7 days week coverage / 24 hours a day. Local surgeons will provide backup coverage only. Vacation coverage will be provided by other ACS surgeons.
- The Trauma/ ACS program will require a follow-up clinic for post-operative patients and trauma patients.
- Currently trauma follow up is limited to telephone calls.
- In most cases, patients are seen only once or twice following hospitalization usually covered by the global period.
- Anticipated need will be four hours per week at the start of the program.
Contact: Neal Fenster
Share this job with:
Your Request Is Being Processed