Full Time :: Family Practice
Los Angeles :: California
The Saban Free Clinic
The Saban Free Clinic is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in Hollywood (Los Angeles) California proudly serving over 40 years of continuous service to the community. We're seeking seeking board certified/board eligible family practice physicians to join a team of dedicated staff providing high quality, comprehensive primary care, mental health and dental services to low income families.*
PT (530pm-930pm, approximately) Monday through Thursday, with opportunity to take morning and afternoon shifts, as well as precepting sessions, per provider availability and interest.
Responsible for providing comprehensive direct primary and urgent care to an ethnically and socially diverse patient population, mostly indigent, in accordance with protocols, policies and procedures; and ensuring quality of care and services. Providing professional leadership and training to residents, medical students, other professional and support staff to enhance their professional/patient care skills. Managing specific clinic programs or initiatives from inception through implementation, as assigned
Patient Services: Ensures that patients/clients receive quality, timely, professional care services in accordance with Clinic’s mission and values.
1. Provides primary care services to Clinic patients including:
Conducting physical examinations
Ordering and interpreting the results of laboratory, x-ray and other tests;
Determining and implementing courses of treatment,
Providing and monitoring the results of treatment; and adjusting as needed
2. Pro-actively assists the patient and family through all facets of accessing care at the Clinic and elsewhere, serving as a resource to resolve patient and family concerns.
3. Confers with student and resident physicians and other professional and support staff regarding care and treatment of patients and assists/mentors them in management of illness.
4. Participates in the improving the quality of care including participation in peer review, setting clinical standards for medical support staff, and monitoring quality of medical services to patients.
5. Meets and consults with other staff providers on an on-going, regular basis to discuss clinical concerns and opportunities for care improvement.
6. Participates in team meetings and provides input on general operational issues to improve the quality of health care delivery including the Clinic’s Best Practices team to create and monitor protocols/guidelines for patient care and uniformity of forms.
7. Participates in the development and implementation of new Clinic programs; may assume leadership for new health care initiatives and projects.
8. Identifies training needs of staff and collaborates others to develop and implement appropriate training programs and opportunities to ensure a skilled and knowledgeable staff.
Position Requirements: These are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have:
• A valid license to practice medicine in the State of California, with no pending or previous disciplinary action from any state licensing entity
• Board certification or eligibility in primary care specialty (Internal Medicine or Family Medicine)
• Current DEA license and BCLS certificate
• Competency in evaluating and treating general pediatric and adult ambulatory care
• Working knowledge of state-of-the-art medical scientific and treatment methods in area of specialty
• Understanding of current medical, educational and psychosocial intervention procedures
• Ability to perform clinical duties within established guidelines in a organized, efficient manner
• Ability to relate and communicate well to all cultural and ethnic groups in the community, including fluency in written and spoken English. Bi-lingual skills in written and spoken Spanish are preferred.
• Working knowledge of direct outpatient care and management methods and practices in a community clinic setting. Prior experience in a similar setting is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of local, state and federal regulations relating to care of patients in a clinic setting; and prior experience with county, state and federal programs such as CHDP, FPACT, EWC, Medi-Cal and Title X is preferred.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions sufficient to maintain a safe work environment
Maintain HIPAA and confidentially requirements by law and agency standards.
Mandated reporter for abuse, neglect or self harm.
• Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions in a clear, concise and proactive manner, including recognition and resolution of costly errors
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with staff members, patients and other clinicians and work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
• Ability to complete and maintain records in accordance with procedures utilizing an electronic health record system
• The flexibility to deal effectively with changes in work schedules and sites
• General computer skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) and patient medical record system.
• Current California driver’s license and State-required insurance when using personal vehicle on clinic business and a driving record acceptable to the organization and/or its insurance carrier.
• Willingness to commit to the philosophy and goals of The Saban Free Clinic.
Click Street Level to see either the specific address or the downtown area.