Large Medical Center seeking to hire a part-time Urgent Care Physician to provide direct patient care in the Urgent Care Clinic during evening hours (after 8:00 PM on weekdays, and on Sundays). Responsibilities include:
- Providing appropriate initial care for a wide range of medical and surgical problems.
- Evaluating and initially treating musculoskeletal injuries, using x-ray and splinting appropriately.
- Evaluating and initially treating urgent medical and gynecological problems.
- Suturing uncomplicated lacerations.
- Performing incision and drainage of superficial abscesses
- Providing initial treatment of psychiatric emergencies.
- Evaluating and treating work-related injuries.
- Prioritizing patients' problems, treating urgent problems first, and other problems as time permits.
- Recommending appropriate follow-up as needed.
- Working effectively as member of clinical team, and providing consultation to other team members, including nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses.
Candidates must be BC/BE, have an active NY license, have at least 2+ years of urgent care or ER experience and be well-versed in electronic medical records.
We offer a very competitive hourly rate and opportunities to join our Primary Care Department.
Community Medical and Dental Care, Inc., has been providing quality medical care to the underserved population of Rockland County, NY and its surrounding areas since 1993. With close to 60 providers on staff and a patient base of 18,000, we offer a variety of services, including Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, Family Practice, Allergy, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Urology, Podiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Health counseling, Nutrition Counseling, Speech Therapy, Dentistry and Oral Surgery.