Urgent Care -- Tacoma, WA
Both part-time and full-time opportunities
Full-time is 13, 12-hour shifts per month
Shift schedule: Shift is working all open hours of a UCC for one day. Hours of patient registration 8am-8pm or 9am -9 pm on weekdays. Weekends either 8-4 or 9-5
- Weekends –evenings? YES both
- Patient volume (expectation) – average of 3 patients per hour. (ie. 36 patients in 12 hour registration day)
- Scope (procedures?) – suturing, Incision and drainage
- Any occupational medicine? Yes, but primarily only to open a claim for a new injury and refer to occ med for follow up care
- Supervise PA’s? Yes, work alongside PA and ARNP in UCC setting on daily basis. All PA must have a supervision plan registered with the state – Many MD choose to participate in this formal supervision plan – requires formal chart reviews on a quarterly basis.
- Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine or Internal medicine/Peds dual boarded
- EMR- Epic
- Sites where you have needs: South Puget Sound Area, Tacoma and surrounding areas.
- Do UC physicians cover more than one site? Three types of positions are available. Site providers are attached to a specific UCC site for all their shifts but also require one on call day a month where the physician covers all sites when needed. Float positions take shifts at a variety of our sites, the provider selects these shifts 3 months in advance. Flex position is a added provider who moves throughout the day where the patient demand is highest – usually flexing between 2-3 sites in a day located in the same county.
- Compensation: Ranges from $201,000 to $223,000
- Compensation model in UC- Salary with performance incentives. (ie. quality, meaningful use, patient satisfaction)
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.