At MedExpress, we have developed a unique approach to health care, which is centered on delighting our patients at every opportunity. With a full medical team, our neighborhood medical centers are open 12 hours a day, every day. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, employer health services, and basic wellness and prevention services. There are no appointments needed. We accept most insurance, but it’s never required to receive affordable care. We also collaborate and coordinate care with other local healthcare providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients and their families.
In this position, you will provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment. You will perform splinting, suturing, manage infections, and provide wound care.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviation from normal
- Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Documents/Charts patient information in electronic medical record in line with current policies and procedures
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
- Follows established policies, procedures, objectives, and recommended referral practices
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviation from normal.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required
- Supervises midlevel practitioners when appropriate and abides by all associated rules and regulations.
- Orients and trains of new practitioners when necessary
- Assists the Corporate Care division of MedExpress and pathways associated therewith.
- Participates in facility in-services, required staff meetings, and other clinic operations procedures
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine, currently licensed by the State Board of Medical Examiners
- Board Certification in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, or General Surgery
- DEA license with no restrictions.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, or ambulatory care setting required
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Meets accreditation and certification requirements and is able to maintain all appropriate licenses.
- Professional communication principles and practices including business letter writing and advanced report preparation knowledge
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in business applications and clinical management systems (EMR).
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and their chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. Non-pharmaceutical patient care aids, their applicable uses, and relevance to patient care
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MedExpress is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
MedExpress is a national leader in delivering high-quality, convenient, affordable health care in a patient-centric manner. MedExpress is now affiliated with UnitedHealth Group.
MedExpress was founded in 2001 in Morgantown, West Virginia, with a commitment to treating each patient as if he/she were our only patient. That same passion and steadfast dedication to patient-focused care continues to define us today. We understand that patients want to be treated with respect, to be listened to, to be understood, to be comforted – and to have quality, professional medical treatment – all in a timely fashion.
Great Care. Fast.®
Exceeding Patient Expectations in a Welcoming Environment.
Genuine. Caring. Friendly.®
Job Keywords: Physician, MD, DO, Family Medicine, FM, Internal Medicine, IM, Pediatrics, Urgent Care, Springfield, MA
Sorry,this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.