Associate Trauma Medical Director
The Associate Medical Director provides cooperative on-site management and leadership of the trauma/surgery program at the contracted hospital. The Associate Director’s responsibilities include assisting and sharing responsibility in conjunction with the Trauma Medical Director in the coordination of peer review activities, and serving as the Medical/Administrative leader for EmCare at Medical Center of Plano. The Associate Director serves as the leader and manager of the service’s physicians, and serves as the professional liaison between the surgeons and the medical staff. In additional the Associate Director will participate in research activities to support the trauma services research program.
Associate Trauma Medical Director Criteria
- Board Certified Surgery with Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
- Two years administrative experience
- Research experience and interest
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Interest in working with residents
- Ability to accept and implement change
- Demonstrated history of positive collegial relations with colleagues, support staff, hospital-based providers, administrators and patients.
- ATLS Required
- Willingness to work at on-site clinic for post-op follow up visit
The Medical Center of Plano (MCP) this year celebrates 40 years of caring for residents of Collin and adjoining counties. It is a full-service, 493-bed, acute-care facility with more than 1,600 employees, and 1,000-plus physicians representing more than 70 specialties and subspecialties. Accredited by The Joint Commission, The Medical Center of Plano is a Level II Trauma Center, and the county’s first burn center. The hospital also holds Magnet designation for nursing excellence. MCP is part of HCA. MCP is transitioning to a Level One trauma center. MCP's research program is supported by an on site research nurse and support of 4 clinical epidemiologists. The annual number of trauma patients seen per year is 1900, and has a Level 1 ACS trauma verification visit in December.
You'll enjoy unique and entertaining attractions, like the Southfork Ranch from the TV series "Dallas" and events like Texas' largest Hot Air Balloon Festival. Speaking of which, we’re also handy to all the attractions and amusements of the DFW Metroplex. Plano offers a high-spirited day and nightlife. You'll find restaurants for every taste and style, all the shopping you could ever hope for. Go antiquing or shop boutiques, outlet malls or major indoor malls.
Benefits and Compensation
- Employee Status with health insurance
- Monthly ATMD Stipend
- 401k with retirement elective deferral options
- Flexible 1 week on/ 1 week off scheduling
- $5,000/yr Business Expense Reimbursement
- Covered overhead and ‘A’ Rated Malpractice
- A lifestyle that leaves time to enjoy family and friends, along with pursuing personal passions