General Surgery-Trauma in Myrtle Beach, SC
South Carolina based Medical Center is seeking a board certified Trauma Surgeon to join their employed multi-specialty surgical practice
- Medical Center is one of two Level II trauma centers in South Carolina and the only Level II trauma program in SC certified by the American College of Surgeons and DHEC.
- Trauma surgeons treated 2,345 patients in 2012, identified as those who suffer life-threatening injuries with potential for secondary complications such as shock, respiratory failure or death.
- There are two dedicated trauma rooms with helipad adjacent to the emergency department.
- Hospital has five trauma surgeons, a trauma orthopedic surgeon, anesthesiologists, emergency department physicians and onsite laboratory.
- All critical care and emergency nurses have special training in trauma nursing and advanced cardiac and pediatric life support.
- Established practice currently consists of Neurosurgery, Orthopedic Trauma, General Surgery Trauma, Breast Surgery and General Surgery.
- Call requirements: minimum of 6 primary call shifts per month with an equitable share of back-up call.
- Competitive compensation package consisting of a guaranteed base salary + WRVU incentive, comprehensive benefits package, paid occurrence based malpractice, PTO, CME, 401K, as well as several other negotiable incentives
- Medical Center is a 269-bed tertiary referral center in Coastal SC, and is the largest and most clinically advanced hospital in the area.
Contact: Neal Fenster