Northern MN hospital is seeking Trauma Surgeon
- To do trauma, surgical critical care and acute care surgery
- ACS-COT Level II Adult Trauma Center & Level II Pediatric Trauma Center.
- Actively pursuing Level I Trauma status.
- Annual trauma admissions approximately 1450 patients
- Medical Center: 330-bed tertiary care center; Top 100 Hospital
- 11-bed SICU; 8-bed PICU; 10-bed Neurotrauma ICU, 10-bed Coronary ICU and 10-bed Medical ICU
- 165-bed specialty hospital with Burn ICU and rehab joined with SMMC by skywalk
- Solid referral base of 20 regional emergency departments with a committed emergency response system
- Trauma program staff includes:5 Trauma Surgeons, Manager (CNS), Office Coordinator, 2 Trauma Registrars, 2 Physician Assistants, 3 Nurse Practitioners, and 1 injury prevention coordinator
- NP and PA coverage 7am-11pm most days of the week
- Future practice may allow physicians to dedicate some time to research, as they progress towards Level 1 Trauma status
- Must be BC/BE in General Surgery for consideration
- Fellowship training in Surgical Critical Care or Acute Care Surgery is required
Contact: Neal Fenster