- Respond to calls utilizing a newly innovative HIPAA-compliant telemedicine device and engage appropriately with nursing staff
- Provide appropriate orders.
- Perform bedside assessment as indicated
- Document care after the patient episode
- Work with other physicians and staff to resolve clinical issues or concerns
License and Certifications:
- Physicians board-eligible within two years will be considered.
- Board-Certified in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, Hospital Medicine or other relevant specialties.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years experience caring for acutely ill geriatric patients.
- Experience working in a nursing facility of providing Medical Director services is preferred, but not required.
- Experience and comfort discussing Advanced Directives, comfort care and end-of-life care is preferred
- Experience engaging with nursing facility nurses and caring for a wide variety of ill patients.
- Windows-based computer and high-speed internet.
- Computer literate and capable of working in a technologically-enabled practice.
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Record
- Comfort using telemedicine software.