The Department of Psychiatric Medicine at the Brody School of Medicine at East CarolinaUniversity is accepting applications for BC Adult Psychiatrists for a full-time faculty position to serve as the Medical Director for the Center of Telepsychiatry and e-Behavioral Health (CTeBH).
The current network includes 71 hospitals. With the enormous growth of the center and the need across the state to provide these services it has become apparent that a Medical Director is needed. On the administrative side, the Medical Director will serve as the Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) for the Center and NC-STeP (NC Statewide Telepsychiatry Program).
- This person will be responsible for developing initiatives to expand the program footprint, oversee outcomes monitoring system, improve outcomes, oversee a peer-review program, and integrate with community based providers; as well as identifies and implements evidenced based practices.
- The Medical Director will also spend about 60% of his/her time providing clinical service. The position emphasizes a leadership role and an active engagement in clinical, educational, and scholarly activities
- Requirements include MD or equivalent degree from an appropriately accredited institution, completion of accredited residency training, and board certification in psychiatry.
- Experience and demonstrated track record in psychiatric administration and in providing Telepsychiatry services.
- Work with growing, multi-disciplinary, and collegial department
- Newly expanded 22,000 sq. ft. outpatient facility
- Salary and academic rank (tenure track or fixed term) commensurate with experience and academic background
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owed stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.