The Department of Psychiatric Medicine at the Brody School of Medicine at East CarolinaUniversity is accepting applications for BE/BC Adult Psychiatrists to serve as full time faculty psychiatrist position to provide clinical services, predominantly via telepsychiatry, to patients presenting in the emergency departments of hospitals affiliated with the North Carolina Statewide Telepsychiatry Program (NC-STeP), a major program under the Center of Telepsychiatry and e-Behavioral Health (CTeBH).
NC-STeP continues to grow and will be expanding to 80 plus hospitals across the state of North Carolina within the next 12 months. The current network includes 71 hospitals. The psychiatrist will spend most of his/her time providing direct clinical service.
The successful candidates will spend most of his/her time providing direct clinical service. The position will report to the Medical Director of the Center.
- Will assist with monitoring and improving NC-STeP outcomes; integrating with community based providers; and implementing evidenced based practices.
- The position emphasizes a leadership role and an active engagement in clinical, educational, and scholarly activities.
- Experience in providing telepsychiatry services and in emergency psychiatry
- Newly expanded 22,000 sq. ft. outpatient facility
- Requirements include MD or equivalent degree from an appropriately accredited institution, Completion of accredited residency training, and Qualified for board certification in psychiatry. Must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of North Carolina
- Salary and academic rank (tenure track or fixed term) commensurate with experience and academic background
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owed stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.