Outstanding opportunity for a BC/BE laparoscopic bariatric trained surgeon to join a high-volume practice and be busy immediately.
- Competitive salary includes two-year salary guarantee followed by RVU-based compensation structure that recognizes the amount of work performed rather than revenue collected
- 32 days of PTO per year offered
- CME stipend, malpractice insurance, generous relocation package, and the payment of licenses and fees are components of a competitive benefits package
- Candidate will join a three surgeon hospital-employed physician group located in a newly constructed office on the hospital campus
- Call is 1:4
- A broad physician network referral base is in place
- Bariatric surgery component will be 60% bariatric/40% general surgery. The group performs the full range of general surgical procedures including advanced minimally invasive surgery, endocrine surgery and advanced colorectal surgery
- Bariatric Program is a comprehensive program which has been growing since its inception 3 years ago.
- The program is in the process of applying for Center of Excellence (COE) distinction and has in place an excellent referral base including endocrinology
- The program performs close to 150 stapled cases per year with a very good mix of gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy
- H1B Candidates will be considered
The group's office is located on the campus of the Hospital, a not-for-profit, full-service community hospital with 15 primary care network practices that has served the Greater Binghamton area since 1925. We are a Magnet-designated, comprehensive hospital with 9 surgical suites, ICU, surgical step-down and ambulatory surgery units. A range of surgical procedures are performed on campus including daVinci robotic surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedics, vascular, colorectal, breast and general B&B cases. The area boasts great diversity in culture, religion and lifestyles, and is located 3 hours from New York City and Philly and 1 hour from Syracuse. The community's cost of living is 10% below the national average, and the area's public and parochial schools are nationally recognized for excellence. Recreation and leisure activities are plentiful in this four season climate, and include minor league ice hockey and baseball, a symphony orchestra, an opera company and close proximity to New York State wineries, lakes, parks and trails. #SURG2
- Qualified physician and advanced practitioner applications only. tier3