General surgeon Needed in Northern Florida
- General Surgeon needed in north FL near Gainesville and Valdosta,GA
- Need is due to recent loss of the only General Surgeon on staff
- Per the community needs assessment there will be a need of 4 General surgeons in the combined Primary and Secondary Service Areas of the hospital by 2016
- Hospital Employed setting
- Working in 2 hospitals
- Incoming physician would be the only full-time General Surgeon on medical staff.
- Competitive financial package to include salary, WRVU incentive, nice benefits (CME, relocation allowance, vacation, 401k, commencement bonus, health/dental/vision, disability insurance), potential for medical education debt assistance and residency stipend.
- Call Coverage: 1 in 2
- Incoming physician would not take more than 15 days of call per month.
- Office Space: Medical Office Building on hospital campus available.
- This would be a "Bread and Butter" General Surgical position.
- There is limited opportunity for sub-specialty work such as Vascular, Bariatric, Trauma, etc. due to the size of the hospital and service area.
- Hospital only performs day surgery.
- MD Anesthesia available Monday-Friday.
- One OR, one scope room, 4 PACU beds.
- County has a population of 50,000
- Located in Northern Florida
Contact: Neal Fenster