- Busy community facility currently running at 80 to 95% of occupancy.
- A continual commitment to upgrade and expand services to the needs of community and today?s medical technology.
- Recently completed a $14 million construction/renovation project to include new ICU/ CCU/Telemetry, Medical Laboratory, Medical Imaging Center with separate Women's Imaging Center, Physical/Rehab and Respiratory Therapy Departments; and a beautiful new front entrance with private registration areas.
- Opened a new Veterans Outpatient Clinic and new Endoscopy Center in 2006.
- Currently adding a new wing to house an on-site 3.0 Tesla MRI, along with four new LDRPs.
- The hospital spent in excess of $1.3 million on capital equipment in 2007 and over $30 million on major construction and renovations over the last 12 years.
- An excellent payer mix with low managed care penetration.
Everything Within Reach...
In less than 2 hours, you can be enjoying the European flair of Montreal, Quebec, or see the changing of the guard at Parliament or the gorgeous Tulip Festival in the beautiful Canadian capital city of Ottawa. Look to the south, and you?ll see the majestic vista of the nearby Adirondack Mountains that invite fabulous, world class skiing in the winter and a marvelous system of hiking trails to enjoy all year. A visit to the Lake Placid, The Olympic Village, is scenic and offers lots to do any time of the year.
Enjoy lazy summer days boating and fishing on the most scenic freshwater river you?ll ever stick your feet into. Cruise the 1000 Islands of the St. Lawrence or fish the deep waters for prize-sized carp and muskie. Enjoy our 3 riversides, sandy beaches, or sleep under the stars in one of our campgrounds or right in your own backyard.
Enjoy cross-country or alpine skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, ice fishing, ice boating, ice skating, hockey, building snowmen or sledding on community hills.
This region offers a wide diversity of communities, lifestyles, recreational pursuits and outstanding educational opportunities at all levels, including five public and private universities. With annual payroll well over $150-million, residents enjoy a high quality of life enhanced by reasonable property values, a low crime rate and extremely low-cost, reliable power from our municipal electric company.
Contact: Neal Fenster