Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Psychiatrist to join our healthcare team at Perryville Complex located in Goodyear, AZ.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Psychiatrist
* Provide diagnostic evaluation and treatment to patients on the Mental Health Inpatient Unit.
* Provide psychiatric consultation, diagnosis, and treatment to inmates.
* Provide clinical direction, general supervision and training to the Mental Health Unit staff.
* Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency of all treatment plans.
* Create discharge plans to insure appropriate follow-up and support after discharge from the institution's unit.
* Provide onsite psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of those inmates referred by the medical or clinical services staff.
* Provide written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course.
* Provide medication management to all inmates admitted to the Mental Health Unit.
* Provide individual and/or group therapy as appropriate.
* Approve all admissions and discharges into the Mental Health Unit. Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency of treatment plans.
* Provide in-service education to the Mental Health Unit staff as needed.
* Be available on a scheduled basis for the on-call needs of the Mental Health Unit.
* Participate in Treatment Audit Committee.
* 5 weeks Paid Time Off
* No weekends or evenings
* Minimal on-call
* No overhead
* Medical, Dental & Vision
* Company Matched 401k or Supplemental Retirement Plan
* Continuing Medical Education allowance
* Malpractice paid
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Ymxha2UuZmFycmlsbC42NjcyNC4zNTc3QGNvcml6b24uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t