Associate Behavioral Medical Director - Philadephia OR Telecommute
The Associate Behavioral Medical Director position is responsible for providing oversight to and direction of the Utilization Management Program and performing peer reviews as necessary. This individual will interact directly with Psychiatrists, Prescribers, and other clinical professionals who consult on various processes and programs. It will include roles which manage development and implementation of medical expense initiatives. The Director will also advise leadership on improvement opportunities regarding medical expense programs and clinical activities that impact medical expense. Our clinical vision drives the team to improve the quality of care our consumers receive.
- Consults with Care Advocate staff
- Conducts provider telephonic review and discussion, shares information related to cost effective healthcare delivery and quality of care
- Conducts Peer Reviews
- Conducts appeals
- Interfaces with Professional Groups and Network Providers
- Actively participates in committees and meetings
- Willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary team as an equal with team members
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of managers and/or senior level professional staff
- Works closely with the health plan Medical Director
- MD or DO degree
- Board certified in psychiatry
- Current, unrestricted medical licensure in state of residence
- 5 years post-residency experience
- Strong team orientation and contributor to collaborative efforts
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Sorry,this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.