Job Title: Psychiatrist
Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a per diem Psychiatrist to join our healthcare team at Anne Arundel Detention Centre located in Annapolis MD.
Qualifications of a Corizon Health Psychiatrist
* Must be a graduate of medical school and have completed an appropriate psychiatric residency.
* Must be licensed to practice in the applicable state and certified by the Office of Mental Health to provide psychiatric services in a licensed inpatient unit.
* Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
* Corrections experience preferred.
Responsibilities of a Corizon Health Psychiatrist
* Provide diagnostic evaluation and treatment to patients on the Mental Health Inpatient Unit.
* Provide psychiatric consultation, diagnosis, and treatment to inmates.
* Provide clinical direction, general supervision and training to the Mental Health Unit staff.
* Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency of all treatment plans.
* Create discharge plans to insure appropriate follow-up and support after discharge from the institution's unit.
* Provide onsite psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of those inmates referred by the medical or clinical services staff.
* Provide written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course.
* Provide medication management to all inmates admitted to the Mental Health Unit.
* Provide individual and/or group therapy as appropriate.
* Approve all admissions and discharges into the Mental Health Unit. Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency of treatment plans.
* Provide in-service education to the Mental Health Unit staff as needed.
* Be available on a scheduled basis for the on-call needs of the Mental Health Unit.
* Participate in Treatment Audit Committee.
Benefits offered to a Corizon Health Psychiatrist
* No weekends or evenings
* Minimal on-call
* No overhead
* Malpractice paid
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZGVlLnRoYW5kaS43MzkyNS4zNTc3QGNvcml6b24uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t