Behavioral Medical Director (Psychiatrist) - Iowa
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States, serving the markets for health benefits through United Healthcare and the growing markets for health services through Optum. Our highly adaptable business model leverages three core competencies across these two platforms: clinical insight to optimize care resources, advanced data and information, and enabling technology. We offer exceptional service, broad capabilities and enduring value in creating a modern health care system.
Our family of companies touches every aspect of the healthcare system as we work to improve the overall health and well-being of the people we serve and their communities. The business of United Health Group are diverse yet unified in a common thread. Every day we are involved in making decision that can have positive life changing consequences for millions of Americans. Everything we do contributes to our mission of helping people live healthier lives. The dedication we show to living our values and improving the lives of our members makes all the difference.
Our resources are dedicated to increasing member access to health and well-being services, simplifying the way health care is delivered, improving the quality of the care our members receive and making health care more affordable.
UnitedHealth Care Community & State has requested to qualify as a managed behavioral health plan to administer statewide high quality healthcare services for Iowa Medicaid and Non-Medicaid state programs and to transform the Behavioral Health system from an inpatient focused system to a recovery focused outpatient system of care. We are committed to focusing on integration, person-centered care, recovery-oriented care, and evidence-based practices as we integrate all Medicaid State Plan covered services for mental illness, substance use disorders (SUDs), and physical health (PH) conditions.
Come join our team as we set out to improve access to a more comprehensive array of community-based services that are grounded in recovery principles and are sure to improve health outcomes and reduce health care costs.
- Ensuring delivery of cost effective quality care that incorporates recovery, resiliency and person-centered services
- Responsible for Level of Care guidelines and utilization management protocols
- Responsible for oversight and management with the Clinical Director and Clinical Program Director all utilization review, management and care coordination activities
- Provide clinical oversight to the clinical staff, oversee the provision of both inpatient and outpatient services; and keep current regarding prevalent treatment protocols and philosophies including those that address consumer cultural preferences
- Responsible for maintaining the clinical integrity of the program, including concurrent reviews of outpatient services; providing oversight to utilization management and quality staff; providing consultation to providers and other community based clinicians, including general practitioners
- Provide timely psychiatric services for the behavioral health operation including communication with the Health Plan Medical Director, clinical and quality staff, medical necessity review and recommendations, service denial reviews, grievance issues, medication reviews, and clinical best practices guideline development
- Iowa Licensed Physician
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a practicing psychiatrist and 3+ years of supervisory experience a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical application of the principles of engagement, empowerment, rehabilitation and recovery
- Experience working with community based programs and resources designed to aid the Iowa Medicaid population
- Knowledge of post-acute care planning such as home care, discharge planning, case management, and disease management
- Minimal local travel required; the office for this position is in West Des Moines, Iowa
- PC proficiency, data analysis and strong organizational skills necessary
- Board Certified in Psychiatry, sub specialty in child & adolescent or addictions
- Experience in public sector delivery systems and experience in Iowa public sector services
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Sorry,this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.