Since this role can be either full-time or part-time, it is perfect if you are looking for supplemental income, or if you are looking for a full-time opportunity. You will provide care to patients who otherwise might go without because of their inability to travel to a practice location.
You will travel locally among facilities to provide patient care, collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure all care requirements are met. Scheduling and billing is handled for you, allowing you to focus on your patients.
The company is a leading provider in the industry, providing you stability, career mobility, and options for advancement if desired.
- Evaluate and treat patients with behavioral health issues who reside in skilled nursing, assisted living facilities or similar setting
- Prescribe and monitor medications; or make recommendations, depending on facility policy
- Collaborate with nurse practitioners and other clinicians as indicated
- May hold collaborative agreement or attestation agreement (depending on state regulations) with nurse practitioners in geographic area
- Participate in case reviews, consultations, and utilization review
- Be a resource for the primary care physicians
- Respond to urgent calls and facilitate admission to inpatient hospital units when necessary
- Attend medical staff meetings and provide in-service education at the facilities as appropriate
- Maintain accurate records on patients treated
- Maintain and submit accurate records for billing purposes on a daily basis
- Assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process or orientation of new staff when requested
- M.D. or D.O. who has completed a residency in psychiatry or currently in a psychiatry residency
- Valid permanent license in practicing state(s) in accordance with the regulations of that state or in the process of obtaining it
- State controlled substance license or in the process of obtaining it
- DEA Certificate or in the process of obtaining it
- Must be able to meet the credentialing requirements of MedOptions and the facilities assigned to
- Must be able to become credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid and other payers as necessary
- Geriatric experience preferred
- Ability to utilize necessary software programs, such as electronic health record programs and timekeeping systems
- Board certified or board eligible (within 3 years of completing residency)