Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Completes psychiatric assessments and ongoing evaluations of adults and/or children
- Competent in electronic client record keeping
- Evaluates symptomatology of client’s diagnosed mental disorders or addictions;
- Competent in evaluating indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed for self-administration by clients;
- Competent in recognizing violent behavior or behavior harmful to the client or others;
- Competent in psychiatric evaluations and medication management;
- Evaluates clients’ medical conditions upon intake and as needed;
- Through professional expertise and knowledge, provides clinical credibility for internal and external constituencies, customers, and regulatory bodies
- Participates in the development of new programs and external opportunities
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies
Communicates accurately, clearly, and professionally.
- Communicates in a positive, respectful, and courteous manner.
- Practices active listening skills and uses partnering communication strategies to engage staff members in collaborative problem-solving process.
- Interacts with coworkers and the community to build productive and collaborative relationships to support the achievement of agency and program goals.
- Understands and maintains private and sensitive information within the confines of need-to-know parameters.
- Communicates responsively by checking email daily and maintaining a calendar that is available for supervisors and executive team.
- Submits accurate and complete reports, forms, and other written information as required in accordance with department and program standards.
Functions as an effective team member with co-workers and the community to build productive, collaborative relationships that support achievement of program goals and objectives.
- Shares pertinent information with director, contractors, and team members regarding work progress, successes, barriers, concerns, and other areas that may have an impact on the department’s services or image, may affect relationships with key participating parties within the confines of need-to-know.
- Plans, coordinates, attends and participates in staff meetings in accordance with department standards and schedule. Supports the decisions of the director and members of the management team to staff, participants, and the community.
Utilizes supervision effectively, takes initiative to secure professional development opportunities, and applies relevant information to the work setting.
- Prepares and participates in supervision that is regular, reflective, and collaborative in nature.
- Recognizes the personal limits of competencies and expertise, seeks supervision and guidance accordingly.
- Maintains awareness of current professional information in the fields of activity, undertakes regular and ongoing efforts to maintain competencies in the skills used, and incorporates and demonstrates new knowledge and skills on the job.