MORE THAN A LIVING…. MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Become part of the internationally renowned medical team at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF). AHF’s mission is to provide “Cutting-Edge Clinical Care” in an integrated healthcare delivery system. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plans, research and other activities AHF cares and advocates for its patients. We welcome medical professionals who thrive in rewarding and stimulating work environments.
Psychiatrist- (Healthcare Center)
AHF is currently seeking a part-time-24 hours per week (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday) Psychiatrist in Oakland/SF, CA for our outpatient healthcare clinics. In this role, you will report to Medical Director of Mental Health and will be a key contributor to our integrated HIV/AIDS healthcare system.
The essential duties and responsibilities are: (includes the following and other duties may be assigned)
- Organizes data concerning patient's family, medical history and onset of symptoms obtained from patient, relatives and other sources such as General Duty Nurse and Psychiatric Social Worker.
- Incorporates data from primary care provider regarding physical examination, laboratory data and general medical condition in the mental health assessment.
- Orders laboratory and other special diagnostic tests and evaluates data obtained.
- Determines nature and extent of mental disorder and formulates treatment program.
- Treats or directs treatment of patient, utilizing variety of psychotherapeutic methods and medications.
- Liaisons with other members of the AHF healthcare team and mental health team to develop a cohesive healthcare treatment plan.
- Attends weekly CME/rounds and other ward rounds and meetings as requested.
- Medical Degree (M.D.) with minimum of 3 years related experience and/ or training
- Boarded or board-eligible in Psychiatry
- Ability to speak fluent Spanish - desired
If your interested in applying for this position, please visit our website at https://careers-aidshealth.icims.com/jobs/4475/psychiatrist/job
AHF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.