The Department of Psychiatric Medicine at the Brody School of Medicine University is accepting applications for BE/BC Adult Psychiatrists to serve as full-time Assistant or Associate Professors. The successful candidates will provide direct clinical care in both community-based and academic settings; assist in the teaching and clinical supervision of medical students, residents, and other health professional trainees; collaborate with other faculty members in conducting clinical research, with the opportunity to initiate projects if desired; and function as a University faculty member, performing such duties as appropriate to academic rank and position.
- Excellent blend of clinical care, teaching, and scholarly activities
- Work with growing, multi-disciplinary, and collegial department
- Clinical responsibilities may be in inpatient and/or outpatient settings, including services via telepsychiatry
- 52-bed inpatient psychiatric service that houses acute beds, combined MI-ID beds, and combined Med-Psych beds
- Newly expanded 22,000 sq. ft. outpatient facility
- Salary and academic rank (tenure track or fixed term) commensurate with experience and academic background
East Carolina University is the 3rd largest public university in North Carolina, with approximately 27,400 students and over 5,000 faculty and staff. The teaching hospital affiliated with ECU Brody School of Medicine is Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina and the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. Vidant Medical Center is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owed stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.