The largest provider of primary care in Shelby County is seeking a primary care physician. Candidates can be experienced practitioners or new residents who will serve the marginalized of Memphis, TN with a holistic approach.
Loan repayment assistance is available. Salary ranges are based on NACHC guides. Being a FQHC, our providers' professional and personal liability is covered by the FTCA. In additional to eleven (11) nationally recognized holidays, our providers are given four (4) weeks of paid time off.
CME allowance is given, both funds and time off. Comprehensive benefits plan. Licensure and board certification/recertification reimbursement is offered. Sabbatical offered. Tennessee Professional License and Privilege Tax are paid directly by the organization. Wireless device reimbursement for providers who are required to use EMR.
1. Obtain health history and perform physical examinations.
2. Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment.
3. Prescribe medication in accordance with Tennessee statute and professional practice guidelines.
4. Perform minor surgical procedures.
5. Arrange referral for patients
6. Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date, and follow-up in a timely manner.
7. Participate in staff outreach and off-site health care programs
8. Ensure compliance by support staff.
9. Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings.
10. Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested.
1. Current Tennessee State Medical License
2. Current D.E.A. Certificate
3. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
4. ACLS or Advanced Life Support within 12 months of employment, if appropriate