Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a PRN Nurse Practitioner to join our healthcare team at the Clackamas County jail in Oregon City, OR.
Qualifications of a Corizon Health Nurse Practitioner
* Graduate of an accredited college/university nurse practitioner program with current certification /licensure in the state of employment.
* Maintains an active Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
Responsibilities of a Corizon Health Nurse Practitioner
Corizon Health Nurse Practitioners utilize the medical model to meet a variety of healthcare needs with an ambulatory care as their primary focus. Nurse Practitioners work with a variety of healthcare professionals and security officers in a correctional environment.
Nurse Practitioners also…
* Respond to and initiate care for medical emergencies throughout the facility
* Identify patient health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician
* Implement medical care utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a physician
* Provide education to patient, healthcare and correctional staff
* Document all healthcare contacts
* Adhere to safety and security policies and participate in disaster drills
* Follow security regulations for keys, sharps, and controlled medications
* Delegate to and supervise other team members as appropriate
* Adhere to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices
As the correctional healthcare pioneer and leader for 35+ years, Corizon Health provides client partners with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will improve the health and safety of our patients reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening. Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=am9obi5wb2xpY2guOTEzMTUuMzU3N0Bjb3Jpem9uLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ