We have an opening for a Full-Time Physician to providePrimary Care in our employer health center in Winnemucca, NV
$20,000 Relocation/Sign-On Assistance available!
Are you interested in practicing evidence based medicine where you are not paid for production?
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do.
Premise Healthcurrently managesa worksite Patient Centered Medical Homes with two of the country's largest goldmines located in Winnemucca, NV. This freestanding clinic is a state of the art facility which sets it apart from other clinics in the community. You will be able to collaborate with other licensed Internal Medicine and Pediatric Providers & RNs, Pharmacists, X-Ray Technologists, and our Health Risk Condition Management team & Wellness Coaches.
The Medical Director is responsible for the medical leadership, clinical oversight and patient care for this specific health center.
· Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the health center
· Works in tandem with Health Center Manager/Supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment
· Provide episodic, preventive, occupational and/or primary health care to patients depending on the needs of the client.
· Conduct histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment
· Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients; educates and advises on medical issues as needed
· Provide referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty
· Evaluate the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients
· Participate in the development of annual health center goals and objectives
· Maintain electronic medical records
· Evaluate the effectiveness of medical care; schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls
· Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice
· Reports directly to the Regional Medical Director for medical responsibilities and reports indirectly to the Health Center Manager/Supervisor for administrative and operational workings of the site
· Leads and motivates medical providers in the health center environment; uses effective medical and people/performance management processes
· Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account
· Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data
· Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates to health center staff
· Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of the company
· Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities for the development of staff within the health center
· Ensure the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the health center
· Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates
· May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers
· May oversee and provides evidence based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care
· May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise; Occupational Health, Primary Care, Pharmacy/PC integration, Integrative Medicine, etc. and provides consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues
· Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being mindful of Risk Management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships
· Perform annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the Health Center Manager
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Internal Medicine and/or Occupational Health by the AOA or ABMS
Primary Care or Emergency Medicine or Board Eligible in aforementioned practice areas.
Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters. Thank you.