Southwestern Virginia Hospital is currently seeking an Experienced, Board Certified, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Physiatrist) Medical Director to work Full Time at the In-Patient Rehabilitation Unit (IPR).
- The PM&R Medical Director must have a strong interest in patient-centered commitment to excellence.
- Candidate must also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a desire to market the facility to local Providers, Case Managers and Patients.
- 35-40% of Medical Director's time will be spent doing necessary physician to physician marketing.
- The remaining 60-65% of time will be providing direct medical care to the patients on the IPR Unit.
- Hospital-based physiatrist experienced preferred but not required.
- Other responsibilities include
- Interest in Stroke and Neuro-Rehabilitation as well as Medically Complex Patients (with Hospitalist support)
- Ability to work with SCCH Rehabilitation Team, including Physician and/or Advanced Practitioner
- Desire to be positive contributor to Local and System Medical Community
- Familiarity with evolving rules and regulations that affect rehabilitation
- Primary Focus of Patients will be on Stroke Rehabilitation and others include: Medically Complex Patients, Hip Fractures, Amputees and Trauma Patients
- Competitive annual salary
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Relocation and educational loan assistance
- Paid malpractice
- Full benefits includingCME andPTO
- Located in southwestern Virginia
Contact: Neal Fenster