Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Pediatricians provide comprehensive, coordinated care to a broad range of pediatric patients (Newborn - 18 years) with diverse pathological conditions. Skills and experience in preventative healthcare, ethical issues, diagnostic test interpretation, physical examination, procedures, pharmacological and physical therapies, medical interviews, psychological and physiological child development issues. Training and experience in treating pediatric patients with acute and chronic medical conditions in both inpatient and outpatient settings is required.
Physician must be willing to work in various Las Vegas area clinics as needs demand.
- Patient office visits including exams, procedures and prescription of therapies
- Patient hospital rounds including exams, procedures and prescription of therapies
- Attend Obstetrical deliveries as scheduled and newborn nursery rounds to consult and provide lifesaving advice and treatment
- Provide clinically appropriate clinical, compassionate, and effective treatment for health problems and health prevention
- Ability and willingness to provide appropriate education and consultation with subordinates in either inpatient or outpatient settings
- Active unrestricted Nevada medical licensure in Pediatrics
- Maintenance of active privileges with no restrictions at hospitals that Southwest Medical Associates has selected
- Competency in procedures selected to be performed as specified in SMA delineation of privileges
- Demonstrated training and knowledge to perform major responsibilities listed above
- Interviewing techniques with special emphasis on behavioral, psychosocial, and family unit issues
- Diagnosis and management of acute episodic medical illness including but not limited to: meningitis, sepsis, dehydration, pneumonia, diarrhea, renal failure, seizure, coma, hypotension, hypertension and respiratory illnesses
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute problems associated with chronic disease, including but not limited to: diabetic ketoacidosis, status asthmatics, status epileptics, oncologic therapy and complications, congenital heart disease, cystic fibrosis, chronic renal disease, gastrointestinal disorders, hepatic failure, metabolic disorders and neurological disorders
- Familiar with principles of discharge planning and continuity of care
- Familiar with common skin disorders, poisoning and ingestion problems, physical and sexual abuse issues
- Board certified or Board Eligible in Pediatrics
- Active and unrestricted medical license or ability to obtain
- DEA License or ability to obtain
- We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
We offer an attractive base salary, sign on bonus, quarterly bonus plan, and comprehensive fringe benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, three weeks paid vacation, one week paid CME with $3500 allowance, and eight paid holidays. Differential for supervision of extenders.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Sorry,this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.