Full Time :: Pediatric Emergency
Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University
East Carolina University’s Department of Emergency Medicine, located in Greenville, North Carolina, is seeking Pediatric and Adult Emergency Medicine physicians to join a growing department. Greenville is a collegial, family-oriented community. The area boasts a low cost of living, affordable housing, and is located just 90 miles from the beautiful NC coastline.
- Vidant Medical Center, a 900+ bed, Level 1 trauma, cardiac, and regional stoke center
- Service area is 1.5 million people in eastern NC
- State-of-the-art ED serves more 120,000 patients per year
- 16-bed Pediatric Emergency Department opened in July 2012
- 197-bed Children’s Hospital opened June 2013
- 58-bed general Emergency Department
- 46 member Department of Emergency Medicine faculty
- Well-established Emergency Medicine residency program with 42 resident physicians
- 84 member Department of Pediatrics faculty across 17 subspecialties
- Excellent Pediatrics residency program
Candidates must possess outstanding clinical skills, and be board certified in Emergency Medicine or Pediatrics and Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University:
Emergency Medicine is one of 12 clinical departments of the School of Medicine. The school provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training, offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students, and improving the health of our communities. ECU physicians, the clinical practice for the Brody School of Medicine, are the leading multi-specialty practice in eastern North Carolina.
Greenville highlights include:
- One the fastest growing urban centers in the state
- Population of approximately 85,000
- 90 miles away from the sandy beaches of North Carolina’s Crystal Coast
- Home to East Carolina University, an institution of the University of North Carolina
- ECU is the second largest undergraduate university in the UNC system
- ECU School of Dental Medicine established in 2011
- Division I athletics – football, basketball and baseball
- Nationally recognized arts, theater and music entertainment
- A desirable climate with mild winters and all four seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Click Street Level to see either the specific address or the downtown area.