The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine of the Brody School of Medicine is seeking a Forensic Pathologist to serve as the Head of the Autopsy and Forensic Pathology Service for the Eastern Regional Office of the North Carolina Medical Examiner Office and Vidant Medical Center, its 909-bed teaching hospital, where over 600 autopsies are completed annually.
• Join a well-established academic practice with two other forensic/autopsy pathologists.
• Primary responsibility as the Head of Autopsy and Forensic Pathology will be providing leadership and direction for the service and performing autopsies
• Additional responsibility includes teaching of fellows, residents, pathologists' assistants and medical students.
• Opportunity for research collaboration
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
• MD degree from an accredited institution.
• Board certification in Anatomic Pathology and Forensic Pathology required
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.