Physician Home Care
The physician has the responsibility for the medical care and treatment of patients rendered by the hospice interdisciplinary team (IDT) and shall consult and cooperate with the patient’s attending physicians. The physician provides direction and guidance to the staff and volunteers of the hospice IDT to assure the maintenance of quality standards of care for patients and families. Actively participates in the clinical education and training for hospice patient care, admissions, and administrative personnel.
Graduate of an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy with current license to practice in the state where the hospice program in located. Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or other related specialty with a working knowledge of the principles of palliative medicine and symptom management.
- Must be a member in good standing on the medical staff of an accredited hospital in the state where the hospice is located.
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of primary medical care, with at least a working knowledge of oncology.
- Knowledge of palliative medicine, with particular emphasis on control symptoms associated with terminal illness.
- Registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency to write scheduled prescriptions.
- Medical malpractice and liability insurance in amounts and with carriers satisfactory to VITAS.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.