A remarkable opportunity for a full-time board certified or board eligible orthopedic surgeon to join an existing practice. General orthopedics will be the foundation for this practice with an emphasis on joint replacement.
- Fellowship in sports medicine, hand surgery, etc. is a plus with preferably 3-5 years experience.
- Plan to see 25-30 patients per day with a call schedule of 1:3 (10 days with additional days paid).
- Block OR scheduling for surgical days - three large operating rooms and one minor procedure room.
- Anesthesia coverage by a MD and four CRNAs. Hospitalist program in place.
- Practice in one hospital in either an employment or income guarantee arrangement.
- Competitive compensation (MGMA median+) with student loan repayment, stipend for last year fellows, relocation assistance and sign on bonus potential for the desired candidate.
As a county seat of the town abounds in restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Several major cities, including Roanoke, Virginia, Bristol-Kingsport, Tennessee and Winston-Salem, North Carolina are within a two-hour drive or less and offer plenty of opportunities for sports, concerts, fine dining and cultural events. History buffs will enjoy the city's many historical sites. For entertainment, there's the elegant German Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theatre and the Chautauqua Festival, held in June. Sponsored by the Arts Council, the festival is an annual source of entertainment, enjoyment and education with arts, crafts, music, hot air ballooning, magic, drama, dance, and nightly entertainment. Educational opportunities are available through the Community College and a satellite location of Old Dominion University.
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, this town boasts of lakes and National Forests - providing outdoor enthusiasts with opportunities for hiking, rock climbing, camping, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing and hunting. Safe, family oriented community with a crime rate 37% below national average. No traffic, affordable housing.
Contact: Neal Fenster