Now is your chance to join an established, reputable practice in the beautiful setting of northern Michigan.The orthopedic team currently includes two board certified surgeons with fellowship training in total joints and sports medicine. Our highly collaborative team also includes an experienced nursing staff and two physician assistants.
- Types of cases include upper extremities, lower extremities, total joints, fractures and sports. No Spine. Volume in 2014 was 206 outpatient/319 outpatient ortho surgeries.
- Efficient, flexible OR with block time assignments
- The general surgeon and the on-staff podiatrist manage the wound care clinic
- Orthopedic PA's, full surgical staff
- Completely digital radiology department
- Competitive compensation and benefit package including:
- 401(k) with immediate match
- Medical / dental / vision benefits
- Mal / tail, life and AD&D
- CME reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
Founded in the 1850's by early copper explorers, is a progressive and welcoming city of 4,600 residents on the north shore of Portage Lake, and is the northernmost city in Michigan.
Enjoy beautiful summers and because of its proximity to majestic Lake Superior, it has wonderfully snowy winters. Today, a diverse economy and employment is supported by two Universities, Finlandia University and Michigan Tech University, along with the Michigan Tech SmartZone and healthcare. The community is recognized as the regional center for healthcare, with over 1400 jobs in the City connected to healthcare.
Both summer and winter tourism opportunities abound and the Portage Lake Lift Bridge funnels most area tourists into the main stream of the city. Combining the traditional economy with the emerging high technology economy broadens our appreciation for the unique area that we are in. With a strong and authentic downtown and active business recruitment, the city is poised for growth while preserving our quality of life for future generations.
The city has also fostered and supported arts and culture as a strong and growing component in the makeup of the city and is home to the Community Arts Center and Finlandia University's arts and design program, which has helped to give the city a reputation as one of the leading small arts town in the Upper Midwest. Numerous individual art exhibits and shows take place in the city every year highlighting the caliber of local artists and crafts people.
Contact: Neal Fenster