Excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, personable Optometrist looking for an opportunity to build a rewarding career in a job he/she is passionate about. A fast growing eye care company is seeking for full-time/part-time optometrists to be their partners in providing excellent vision care service to its growing clientele. Flexible schedules and great salary plus benefits.
Job Summary: Examine, diagnose, treat, and manage disorders of the visual system, eye diseases, and injuries. Prescribe eyeglasses as needed.
- Perform eye exams and analyze test results
- Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness and eye diseases, such as glaucoma
- Prescribe eyeglasses and medications
- Provide pre- and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery—for example, examining a patient’s eyes the day after surgery
- Evaluate patients for the presence of diseases such as diabetes and refer patients to other healthcare practitioner if additional medical treatment is needed
- Promote eye health by counseling patients
- Flexible schedules; Full time and part time positions available for optimal work-life balance
- Must complete a Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree program and must have a license to practice in NY
- Must possess Decision-making skills.
- Interpersonal skills