Mint Physician Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Neurosurgeon for ongoing locum tenens at a hospital-based clinic in the West-Central region of Virginia. The right candidate will find themselves working alongside some of Virginia’s most skilled physicians in a top-notch medical center.
Job Details & Benefits
• Clinic coverage on Tuesday and Friday
• On-call Mon, Wed, & Thurs in the ED
• Emergency surgeries and elective procedures including spinal trauma (cervical, thoracic, and lumbar), craniotomies, intercranial bleed and/or brain swelling along with other traumatic brain injury treatment
• Ample support including nursing specialists
• Flight, rental car and lodging provided
• All compensation requests will be considered
• Malpractice with prior acts coverage provided
The Ideal Candidate
• Trained and board-certified in Neurosurgery
• Must possess or be willing to obtain a Virginia medical license and DEA
• Minimal to no malpractice history
• U.S. citizen or valid Green Card holder
Living in Virginia
Virginia is home to 3 of the top 40 universities in the nation. The state also scores high marks for a cost of living and an unemployment rate that are well-below the national average. Add on the fact that Virginia has some of the most nationally-recognized and Joint Commission accredited hospitals, it’s no wonder the state has become a destination for locum tenens physicians.