Vidant Health and The Leo Jenkins Cancer Center are expanding and seeking candidates who are board certified in neuro-oncology for an employed position located in Greenville North Carolina. The successful candidate will join a well-established multidisciplinary team which includes specialist in neurology, neurosurgery, radiosurgery, hematology oncology, radiation oncology, neuroradiology and neuropathology.
• Newly created position due to need for neuro-oncology services at Vidant Medical Center, a 909-bed level 1 trauma center located in Greenville, NC
• Employment by Vidant Medical Group
• 29-county service area which includes 1.4 million residents
• Well established referral network including 8 Vidant Health hospitals, East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine, 6 regional cancer centers, and Vidant Medical Group ambulatory practices
• Construction in progress for new 6-story cancer center expected to open in 2018
• Onsite Gamma-knife and Cyberknife
• State of the art radiation oncology support
• Competitive compensation and benefits including relocation
The Leo W. Jenkins Cancer Center provides outpatient cancer treatment services on the medical campus of Vidant Medical Center and the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University in Greenville. The Leo Jenkins Cancer Center and Vidant Medical Center work hand-in-hand when it comes to caring for cancer patients in eastern North Carolina. For more information about Vidant Cancer Care please visit our web site https://cancercare.vidanthealth.com/
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs over 425 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owed stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
• Annual CME Stipend
• Relocation Assistance
• Malpractice (with tail)
• Insurance: Medical, Disability & Life
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.