We have an opening for a Full Time Medical Leader to join our Babcock & Wilcox Wellness Center located in Lynchburg, VA!
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
This site is open Monday-Thursday 6am-6pm and Friday 6am-12pm. This position will alternate their start time from week to week and will have every other Friday off.
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the health center
- Works in tandem with Health Center Manager/Supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Provides episodic, preventive, and acute health care to patients.
- Provide occupational health services (i.e., post-offer physicals, occupational surveillance exams, medical monitoring, return to work exams and Worker’s Compensation medical guidance)
- Conducts histories and physical examinations and prescribes medications and/or medical treatments based on best practice standards
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients; educates and advises on medical issues as needed
- Provides referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice and as defined by Take Care Health privileging process
- Participates in the development of annual health center goals and objectives
- Maintains electronic medical records
- May formulate and administer health programs as needed
- Reports directly to the Regional Medical Director for medical responsibilities and reports indirectly to the Health Center Manager/Supervisor for administrative and operational workings of the site
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the health center environment; uses effective medical and people/performance management processes
- Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account
- Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates to health center staff
- Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of the company
- Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities for the development of staff within the health center
- Ensures the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the health center
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates
- Oversees, trains and mentors other staff providers including FT NP and PRN physicians
- May oversee and provides evidence based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise; Occupational Health, Primary Care, Pharmacy/PC integration, Integrative Medicine, etc. and provides consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being mindful of Risk Management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships
- Other projects as required to address specific medical needs
- Performs annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the Health Center Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- MD or DO degree
- 3 – 5 years minimum in family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or occupational health settings
- Must be Board Certified in Occupational Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Primary Care or Emergency Medicine by the AOA or ABMS or Board Eligible in aforementioned practice areas. If Board Eligible, must take certification exam with the AOA or ABMS within twelve months of date of hire
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification and OMD certification with the State of Virginia preferred (will be required after hire)
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Virginia
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification.
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required; Advanced Cardiac Life Support is also required
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization both internal and external
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters. Thank you.