Market Medical Director - South Texas
The Market Medical Director (MMD) has accountability for ensuring that United Clinical Services initiatives focusing on clinical excellence, quality ratings inprovement, appropriate inpatient and outpatient utilization, affordability, mandated revisions and compliance, growth and focused improvement are implemented and successfully managed to achieve goals. This positon is responsible for market-based clinical leadership and execution of all healthcare affordability initiatives and clinical quality activities. The MMD collaborates with the market CEO, United Clinical Services (UCS) staff, and other market and regional matrix partners to implement programs to support and meet market UCS and line of business goals, as wll as network and sales objectives. The MMD is also responsible for providing direction and oversight in collaboration with matrix partners and reports to the Regional Chief Medical Officer with accountability to the local market CEO and the market's senior management team.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Quality and Affordability
- Clinical Excellence
- Relationship Equity
- Focused Improvement
Requirements - To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualificaitons listed in this posting:
- Licensed Texas physician; Board Certified in an ABMS or AOBMS specialty (no sanctions, restrictions or disciplinary action)
- 5+ years clinical practice experience; strong knowledge of managed care industry
- 2-3 years quality management experience
- Familiarity with current medical issues and practices
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Superior presentation skills for both clinical and non-clinical audiences
- proven ability to develop relationships with network and community physicians and other providers
- Excellent project management skills
- Solid data analysis and interpretation skills; ability to focus on key metrics
- Strong team player and team building skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Proficency with Microsoft Office applications
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 14 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your newr-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the glove. We bring them resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. it's where you can do your life's best work.
UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative-Action employer. UnitedHelath Grouo is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
This posting has been abbreviated - see our careers site for complete details.
Sorry,this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.