We are seeking a qualified Medical Director for an immediate opening. Our Mission is to honor life by providing comfort, care and compassion to those we serve.
Our client offers the following benefits:
- $150,000 Salary
- Bonus 35% of total collected billings ($185k - $230k total compensation)
- Up to 6 weeks Paid Time Off
- Full Benefits
- Health, Vision, Dental, LT Disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- And much, much more!
As a Hospice Medical Director you will be responsible for the assessment and treatment of all medical needs of Hospice & Palliative Care assigned patients /team. As a member of senior management the Director shall: Provide medical direction and supervision of patient care; provide instruction and medical support to Hospice staff; develop and implement education and consultation services to medical communities, professionals and physicians in service areas. Additional responsibilities for the Medical Director include:
- Provide medical consultation to all hospice and home care staff and to attending physicians as requested to review appropriateness of referrals/admissions and care consistent with hospice and palliative care philosophy.
- Oversee medical services for patients on the hospice and home care census, taking responsibility, in the absence of a primary physician, for primary medical management of patients.
- Work with other staff physicians to assure coverage for IDT meetings and patient care visits when colleagues are on paid time off.
- Assure appropriate utilization of palliative hospice treatments based on time-limited plans, i.e., when intent is to treat symptoms.
- Work with the VP & CMO to provide physician services as needed in facilities, in-patient care centers, hospitals, and home settings.
- Take responsibility for helping to establish appropriate clinical policies and procedures, including pain and symptom control protocols for hospice and home care patients.
- Provides hospice care and palliative care consultation services in hospital(s) and long term care facilities
- Establish and monitor discharge protocols and take the lead in managing decisions for discharge.
- Authorize as appropriate transfer of patients to the appropriate focus of care within the hospice and palliative care programs.
- Support Haven Hospice in the conduct of the Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Program by sharing information and/or participating in quality initiatives and performance improvement activities.
- Utilize Standard Precautions in clinical practice.
- Provides leadership in the identification of education needs for facility staff and the development of effective educational strategies
- Assures that clinical protocols, utilization review, case management, quality assurance, and compliance programs are implemented according to hospital and long term care facility policies
- Assist in the development of in-service education programs for hospice and home care staff and other health care entities in the community and participate upon request in volunteer training and staff orientation.
- Understand and assure compliance with regulations and standards pertinent to state and federal requirements and Medicare/Medicaid hospice and home health benefits and attend regulatory meetings such as administrative law judge hearings as requested.
We are looking for dedicated Hospice Physicians who are committed to providing exceptional patient care and service. It is important that you have a passion for the Hospice Industry and are comfortable working with the geriatric population.
Specific qualifications for the Medical Director role include:
- Doctor of medicine or osteopathy
- Current Florida license
- Must have or be eligible for membership in good standing on the medical staff of the contracting hospitals and skilled nursing facilities in the service area.
- Experience in oncology or palliative care with emphasis on control of symptoms associated with terminal illness important.
- Demonstrated ability to work non-judgmentally with persons of varied cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds and lifestyles.
- Florida Driver's license and insurance.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have held any of the positions below, have any of the skills or experience listed below you may be a good fit for this position.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Patient Care
- Chief Medical Officer
- Administrative Physician
send updated resume to Resume@theAcuityTeam.com