We are seeking a qualified Physician for an immediate opening. Our client's mission is simple: to improve the health of our patients and communities by delivering exceptional health care, removing barriers to that care and promoting healthy lifestyles.
Our client offers the following benefits:
- $200k+ depending on experience.
- Full benefits – Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Certification in wound care and Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO)
- Work/Life Balance - no nights; no weekends; no on-call
The medical director works with a dedicated team of nurses, HBO technicians and support personnel as well as panel physicians who may support the center from time to time.
Additional responsibilities for the Physician include:
- The Medical Director is solely responsible for Quality Patient Care within the Center and though he/she is assisted by the PD along with the CC his/her responsibility cannot be delegated.
- The Medical Director should actively chair and conduct the Center’s monthly performance improvement meeting and;
- Leads the interdisciplinary performance improvement initiatives that monitor the performance of the Center and ensure compliance with its written policies with the input of the Program Director.
- With the support of the PD, ensure the Center meets the requirements of all regulatory and accrediting agencies, including, but not limited to, the State Health Facility Licensing Agency, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO), and the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS). In cooperation with Hospital designated personnel and in conjunction with programs established by the Hospital thereafter, provide patient care assessment and program evaluation services with respect to all services provided at the Center and ensure that appropriate action is taken at the Center, based on the findings of such programs
- Review the Center Medical Records and process of care on all patients enrolled at the Center every 4 weeks for each major wound type.
- In cooperation with Hospital Administration and Program Director, review and respond to any complaints and grievances and recommend or take corrective action where appropriate, in accordance with the bylaws, rules and regulations of the Hospital or Hospital’s Medical Staff, as the case may warrant.
- The Medical Director will serve as liaison with affiliated medical institutions for services such as hospitalization and emergency medical services.
- The Medical Director will participate in Regional and National Medical Director conference(s) related to wound care improvement or new wound care information.
- The Medical Director will use all reasonable efforts to facilitate attending physicians and nursing personnel to adhere to Clinical Practice Guidelines and the Hospital/Medical staff patient care policies. The Medical Director will monitor physician and nursing staff documentation to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy of coding. The Medical Director is responsible for HBO chamber quality and safety. He/she must ensure that every treatment is for an approved indication and that there is a physician present for every treatment in accordance with local rules and regulations. He/she must further ensure that the physician’s presence is appropriately documented and there are orders and progress notes for each treatment. He/she must also ensure that there is an appropriately trained safety director appointed for the Hyperbaric Unit.
We are looking for dedicated and professional Physician who is committed to providing exceptional patient care and service. It is also important that you are highly organized and that you demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Specific qualifications for the Physician role include:
- MD, DO or other applicable medical degree is required.
- Evidence of continuing additional education and coursework in management, leadership, and/or business as required by state and local statues/requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have held any of the positions below, have any of the skills or experience listed below you may be a good fit for this position.
- Chief Medical Officer
- Wound Care
- Internal Medicine
- Family Practice
- Practice Administrator
send updated resume to Resume@theAcuityTeam.com