Vidant Medical Group and The Leo Jenkins Cancer Center (LJCC) are seeking a Board Certified, Hematology Oncology Fellowship Trained Oncologist to serve as MedicalDirector of the Inpatient Oncology Unit and Outpatient Units (Infusion and Clinics) for Vidant Cancer Center in Greenville, NC.
- Employed position with incentive based productivity and quality initiatives
- Join a premier 8-hospital health system in eastern NC known for ground-breaking technology and a regional network of pioneering oncologists
- Cancer Center expansion is underway for a 6-story cancer tower, to be opened in March 2018, will include 96 Inpatient rooms, 60 infusion areas, 60 multidisciplinary clinics, 5 vaults, and patient resource tools
- Robust multi-disciplinary disease teams to include Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Surgical Oncologists, Nurse Navigators, Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants and Social Workers
- Large medical campus with state-of-the-art equipment including a Gamma Knife, a Cyber Knife and a full spectrum of radiology services
- Referral network includes 29 county area with a population of 1.4 million people
- Only ACoS accredited Academic Comprehensive Cancer Center (ACAD) in Eastern North Carolina
- 10 years of experience as a clinical provider and a desire for leadership is preferred
- 50% clinical 50% administrative
- Interaction with oncology service line directors, administrators , and physicians to ensure continuity of care across the service line
- Training of new staff
- Assurance of quality with the inpatient and outpatient care at Vidant Medical Center
- Accountability of optimal care, including patient experience, staff/physician satisfaction, inpatient mortality, and other quality measures.
The Leo W. Jenkins Cancer Center provides outpatient cancer treatment services on the medical campus of Vidant Medical Center and the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs over 425 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Vacation, Sick, & Holidays
Malpractice (with tail)
Medical, Dental, & Vision
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.