The Department of Pediatrics, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University is seeking a BE/BC full-time faculty member trained in combined Internal Medicine and Pediatrics (Med-Peds).
• Provide clinical care to adults and children in the Med-Ped clinic (Adult and Pediatric Health Center) and teaching and supervision of residents.
• Opportunities for teaching students and performing research are provided.
• Clinical work on the inpatient medicine and/or pediatric services can be included if desired.
• Tenure track or fixed term position at the rank/title of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor available depending on experience and training.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in NC, is fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Greenville/Pitt County, NC:
• One of the fastest growing urban centers in the state with a population of 90,000
• 85 miles east of Raleigh and 85 miles west of the beautiful North Carolina coastline
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU) which ranks third largest of public institutions in North Carolina
• ECU Brody School of Medicine established in 1977
• Nationally recognized arts, theater and music entertainment for the entire family
• Offers a desirable climate with mild winters and all four seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
• Extensive Parks & Recreation Department which offers 25 parks, a 3½ mile green-way, an outdoor amphitheater and a dynamic schedule of camps and classes suitable for all ages.
• Named “Sportstown USA” in NC by Sports Illustrated Magazine
• Provides diverse and affordable housing options and excellent schools (public and private)
• Numerous shopping and dining opportunities including national chains and unique, locally-owned stores and restaurants
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.