Vidant Medical Group is seeking full-time Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians to join our growing system in Greenville, NC. Candidates must hold, or be eligible for, a certificate of special competence in Maternal Fetal Medicine from the American Board.
- Join a premier 8-hospital health system in eastern NC known for ground-breaking technology
- Opportunity exists for a Medical Directorship, section leadership or an academic appointment
- Built in referral network from 29-county service area
- Employed position with incentive based productivity and quality initiatives
- Antenatal Diagnosis (10,000+ ultrasound studies annually), Clinical Genetics, Outpatient and Inpatient Consultation Services
- State-of-the-art Ultrasound Imaging System and image storage
- Established Perinatal Network in eastern North Carolina (29 counties)
- Clinical volumes average 3,900 deliveries/year at Vidant Medical Center (1,800 – 2,000 ECU)
- 350 Maternal Transports annually
- State-of-the-art Children’s Hospital offering 20 pediatric sub-specialties
- Consultation for regional providers concerning high-risk pregnancies
- Outpatient Management of High Risk Pregnancies, 9,000+ visits (2,000 patients per year)
- Preconceptional Counseling
- Full range of fetal diagnostic procedures including: amniocentesis, PUBS, CVS, etc
- Fetal therapy including intrauterine transfusion, amino infusion, drug therapy, twin to twin transfusion syndrome, etc.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs over 425 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
Vacation, Sick, & Holidays
Malpractice (with tail)
Medical, Dental, & Vision
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.