The Program is Expanding!!
We are offering a competitive compensation package including commencement bonus, relocation and CME for the right candidate.
The Intensivist Group is part of Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization focused on improving quality, patient satisfaction and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team - The Hospital
The Intensivist team at St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital has been providing the community with the highest quality Critical Care for over four years. The success of this program has led to a plan for expansion within the ICU and we are looking for Board Certified Critical Care physicians to join our team.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a group of highly skilled and dedicated Intensivists in a full time, 100% hospital based program. We are looking for a dedicated physician who is invested in providing high quality critical care medicine and seeking professional growth in this dynamic field. As a member of our Intensivist team, you and your colleagues will have full patient care management responsibility in the 18-bed community hospital ICU.
St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital serves the town of Newburgh and surrounding communities offering Level Three Trauma services and support from their affiliate, Montefiore Health System. The Intensivist team in Newburgh has aligned with four the of hospitals surgical programs to provide the highest quality of patient care. By working in lockstep with Trauma Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Neuro Surgery and ENT Surgery, the team is able to execute an effective and efficient plan of care to best serve the patient. The Intensivist team also has access to state of the art Ultrasound, GlideScope, Bronchoscopy and invasive and noninvasive cardiac output monitoring equipment. Interventional Radiology is also available to support the team onsite.
- Enjoy a newly redesigned comprehensive compensation and benefits package
- This is a hospital-based ICU clinical position working closely with the Intensivist directed multi-disciplinary team, creating and implementing evidence based practices
- 200-bed community hospital with one, 18-bed ICU
- Block shift schedule with exceptional time off
- Significant opportunities for career development and growth within The Intensivist Group
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be Board Certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine
- Active New York medical license
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location and Lifestyle
Home to Mount Saint Mary College, the city of Newburgh is located on the Hudson River, 60 miles north of New York City, on the western side of the Hudson River in Orange County, New York. Newburgh has a growing arts community and the largest historic district in the state and features beautifully designed planned neighborhoods like Washington Heights and Colonial Terraces. Quick access to the city via train is available and offers a picturesque commute to the city.
The Intensivist Group, a Sound Physicians affiliate, is the leading national provider of high quality and efficient critical care services to community hospitals. We improve patient care, patient, nursing, physician satisfaction, and quality outcomes while reducing hospital costs and risk.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.