The Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases at the Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University is recruiting a faculty position for a fixed-term appointment at the title of Clinical Assistant Professor.
The successful candidate will be BC/BE in Infectious Diseases. Activities will include inpatient consults, outpatient office visits, teaching of students, residents and ID fellows. Candidate will be expected to develop an individual clinical, translational or basic science research agenda. The Division's current strengths are Infection Control/Hospital Epidemiology, HIV medicine and clinical trials, fungal diseases and antibiotic stewardship.
Minimum Qualifications MD or DO Degree from an appropriately accredited institution.
BC/BE in Infectious Diseases.
Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Education and Experience
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.5 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.