A medical center located in Virginia is seeking a hospitalist to help with locum tenens coverage for their practice. The candidate must be board certified or board eligible in internal medicine, or board certified in family medicine with 3 or more years of hospitalist experience. Scope of assignment includes procedures, ICU rounding, and hospitalists respond to codes. Full subspecialty back-ups are available. Assignment schedule is 7 days on and 7 days off with both night and day blocks available. Physician will typically see 22 patient contacts during day shift, and admit 6-8 patients at night on average. Ideal candidate is local and able to commit long term, but traveling physicians are encouraged to apply.
More than 40,000 physicians work locum tenens assignments annually at facilities in all 50 states. We invite you to contact your personal CompHealth recruiter and experience the reason we are consistently named 'Best in Staffing' by our clients and providers.
- Ongoing shifts
- 10-14 shifts per month
- 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am with no call
- Procedures are preferred
- Full specialty backup available
- ABIM/ABFP (will consider board eligible IM candidates)
- VA licensed preferred
- Local providers preferred
- Comprehensive malpractice coverage
- Housing, travel, and local transportation
- Licensing assistance
- Credentialing and hospital privileges processing